ARBS Exhibitions held a board meeting on 11 March where it was agreed and decided that the ARBS 2020 exhibition scheduled to be held from 19-21 May 2020 will be postponed due to the COVID-19 virus.
Circumstances relating to the virus have triggered the postponement with the following concerns and effects playing a major role in ARBS decision:
- ARBS exhibitions generally host around 10,000-12,000 participants, involving exhibitors, visitors, suppliers and contractor staff, and we are concerned for the health, wellbeing and safety of all participants during what will be a challenging time for the whole country
- Many international exhibitors have now limited or banned staff travel
- A number of interstate exhibitors have now limited or banned interstate travel
- It is likely that the government will recommend or prevent major travel and movement
- The government has banned all large events above 500 people
- Many companies and staff may be put into self isolation with the rate of spread of the virus at this stage unknown
- A number of our seminar presenters have already flagged their intention to cancel any travel in the foreseeable future
The decision to postpone also presents the predicament of timing and venue availability to reschedule. Bearing in mind that many large events are all scrambling to postpone and move to alternate options either later in 2020 or early 2021, venue space is in limited supply. ARBS Exhibitions are currently discussing its options with the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and hope to be able to announce an alternative date for ARBS 2020 in the very near future.
More details, including the process and timelines of the postponement, will be provided as soon as feasibly possible. Please direct any queries you may have to [email protected]