Inpex has recently awarded further pump contracts for both the offshore CPF and FPSO and the onshore gas processing plant on the Ichthys LNG project.
Renroc Group (Pumps & Engineering) were recently awarded a contract for a number of API 610 Centrifugal Pumps for the Central Processing Facility (CPF) and the FPSO for INPEX Ichthys LNG Project. The scope of supply for the orders to Renroc includes the design, manufacture and installation of pump packages on the CPF and FPSO. The pumps will be will be delivered in 2013.
The contract for two sewage pumps has been awarded to Ruhrpump Australia and includes the design, manufacturing, testing, certification painting, documentation and operation spares, preservation, packing and transportation of 12 submerged motor sewage pumps with a capacity of 14 m3 and a head of 19 m and 12 submerged motor sewage pumps with a capacity of 25 m3 and a head of 27 m .
These two wins for Australian companies stand in contrast to the number of pump contracts being awarded to international suppliers.
Click here a basic guide on pump services in the LNG industry
The project also awarded the design, manufacturing, testing, certification painting, documentation and operation spares, preservation, packing and transportation for various non API “Vertical Centrifugal Type Pump” to Flowserve GB.
The contract includes a range of vertical centrifugal pumps, specifically;
- Two open ground flare AOC pit pumps to pump AOC water with a capacity of 25 m3 and a head of 18.5 m.
- Twelve impoundment pond pump to pump non contaminated water with a capacity of 70 m3 and a head of 20 m.
- One laboratory drain pump to pump chemical waste water with a capacity of 24 m3 and a head of 18 m.
- Two recycle pump to pump AOC water with a capacity of 50 m3 and a head of 21 m.
- Two treated effluent discharge pump to pump treated effluent with a capacity of 70 m3 and a head of 38.5 m.
- One CPI recovered oil transfer pump to pump AOC water with a capacity of 12 m3 and a head of 60 m.
- Two dissolved air floatation treated effluent pump to pump AOC water with a capacity of 50 m3and a head of 30 m.
- One evaporation basin pump to pump chemical waste water with a capacity of 110 m3 and a head of 33 m.
- Three chemical sewer pit 1 pump to pump chemical water with a capacity of 45 m3 and a head of 20 m.
Each Pump shall include, but not necessarily be limited to Motor and Coupling.
Flowserve had previously been awarded the contract for non API horizontal pumps.
Other pump suppliers on the project include Japan’s Tatsumura, who are supplying API 610 horizontal pumps (large capacity), column mount submerged cryogenic pumps, pot mount submerged cryogenic pumps and API610 vertical pumps; Japan’s Nikkiso who are supplying canned pumps and Sundyne pumps, Japan’s JGC who are suppling API610 vertical sump pumps and the USA’s Peerless Pump, supplying fire water pumps.
JKC Australia LNG Pty Ltd are the Ichthys LNG Onshore Plant Construction Contractor.
The gas will be processed through a two train 8.4 t/a LNG processing plant. This production rate represents the average rate over the life of the Project. Total annual production will vary from year to year depending on factors such as the composition of the gas from the reservoir and the duration and frequency of maintenance activities.
The onshore processing plant will also produce approximately 1.6 million tonnes per annum of LPG and 15,000 barrels per day of condensate which is carried to the plant with the gas stream.