Narrandera Shire Council has won the 2021 NSW Local Government Professionals Excellence Award for its Lake Talbot Water Park redevelopment, which included the build of a new pump house.
The Council took the award for the ‘Asset and Project’ budget over $1.5 million and population under 100,000.
This prestigious award acknowledges the significant works carried out at the facility including:
- Construction of a new pump house and filtration system to improve water quality and solar systems to heat the 50m and middle pools
- Removal of two old slides, replaced with two racer slides and a twisting open slide each with exit flumes
- Demolition of all previous pool areas including the 50m pool, Rampage pool, Island pool, toddler pool and slide pool
- Replacement of pools with modifications including wet decking and the Island pool with the hugely successful splash park area
- Construction of a toddler pool with zero entry and shade cover
- Construction of a pool level, accessible changeroom, toilets and shower facility
- A pram ramp from the top entry to pool level
- A disability access ramp into the 50m pool
- New shading areas and structures which also houses the solar panels
This category included ten finalists offering impressive and competitive submissions from Albury City, Blayney Shire, Clarence Valley, Forbes Shire, Goulburn Mulwaree, Lane Cove City, Mid-Coast, Norfolk Island Regional and Tamworth Regional Councils.
Council acknowledged the support and contribution from a myriad of internal and external stakeholders who brought this project to fruition from concept to delivery.
Council also acknowledged the support of the NSW Government and its local member, Member for Cootamundra, Steph Cooke MP, who co-funded the project in the amount of $2.4 million together with Council who contributed $3.4 million.
Narrandera Shire Council Mayor, Neville Kschenka, said he was very pleased with the accolade for the Shire, offering his congratulations to everyone involved in this major project.
“It is through this dedication and support that Narrandera Shire Council is able to deliver large-scale works, to provide our community and region with a truly outstanding facility for everyone to enjoy,” Mr Kschenka.