ComAp, a market leader in engine control solutions, has developed a new easy-to-fit bi-fuel management package, including a range of InteliBifuel controllers, for use as a standard control platform for diesel generators.
The new control system is ideally suited to generator packagers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) looking to deliver more economically beneficial power packages.
ComAp’s simple bi-fuel conversion modifies your original diesel power generation engine so that it uses gas as the main fuel – substantially reducing operating costs.
It works by introducing gas into the engine and then electronically controlling gas flow dependent on engine speed and output.
Bi-fuel conversion requires virtually no engine modification and brings benefits in every application.
These benefits include:
- Affordable diesel engines combined with inexpensive natural gas
- Economical solution for slow-speed, middle-speed and high-speed engines
- Flexible use of fuel (can even use gas that would normally be flared as a by-product)
- Guaranteed power output
- Efficient and safe operation with lower emissions
- Longer engine life and reduced maintenance costs
- Easy and fast switch back to full diesel operation
ComAp has recently released a new version of InteliBifuel that is designed specifically for variable speed diesel engines: InteliBifuel Mobile.
InteliBifuel Mobile is a fully programmable solution designed for any mobile variable speed applications such as mine haul trucks, frack trucks, locomotives or marine propulsion engines.
ComAp is also able to design, commission and install a bi-fuel system conversion for you and ensure it is optimised for your individual application.
This partner content is brought to you by ComAp. For more information, visit www.comap.cz/applications/Bifuel.