Registrations are open for the 2018 Irrigation Australia International Conference and Exhibition.
The biennial event – which includes the southern hemisphere’s largest irrigation conference with more than 80 local and international speakers – will be held from Wednesday 13 to Friday 15 June 2018, at the new International Convention Centre in Sydney.
Irrigation Australia’s CEO, Bryan Ward, said, “Under the theme ‘Addressing the Big Issues’, once again we have an outstanding lineup of global leaders in their fields, stretching from research to commerce, who will share their expertise on irrigation.
“This will be across several topics: agriculture, turf and landscape, key national areas, future planning and international matters. Rainwater harvesting and energy-efficient irrigation will be key interest points.”
Mr Ward said a series of free-to-attend workshops will also be on offer.
“These will cover a broad range of areas and are an excellent way for irrigators to keep themselves informed of issues.”
Alongside the conference, the exhibition will showcase solutions covering the entire irrigation value chain.
“Here, attendees can see the latest in irrigation technology, products and services. There will be more than 165 exhibitors from the agriculture, horticulture, viticulture, parks and gardens, landscaping, and sports and turf sectors. The exhibition is free to attend and I urge people to spend time seeing the latest on offer in our future-driven industry.”
Mr Ward said Irrigation Australia’s International Conference and Exhibition is also an excellent networking opportunity.
“Our industry is very widespread, so I encourage everyone to attend ‘happy hour’ in the Exhibition Hall on Thursday 14th, from 4-5pm, as the perfect chance to mingle with delegates, trade visitors and other exhibitors.”
With research showing 99 per cent satisfaction rates with the last event, Mr Ward said they were again expecting the conference to be highly popular.
- Dr Chantal Donnelly, Bureau of Meteorology’s Water Resource Modelling
- Michael Renehan, Murray Irrigation
- Dr Joseph Foley, University of Southern Queensland
- Associate Professor John Hornbuckle, Deakin University
- Professor Peter Coombes, Urban Water Cycle
- Michael Cutting, SA Murray-Darling Basin
- Michael Smit, Kingspan Environmental
- Dr Alison McCarthy, University of Southern Queensland
- Richard Vines, DEDJTR/Agribio
- Stephen Attard, AgriTech Solutions
- Jeremiah Farmer, Land F/X
- Gennaro Vellotti, IAL Certification Board and Netafim Australia
- Luke Jewell, NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Andrew Chamberlin, Queensland Farmers’ Federation
- Michael Scobie, University of Southern Queensland
Irrigation Australia’s National Training, Certification and Marketing Manager, Geoff Harvey, will also talk about certification and training.
Registrations for both the conference and the free exhibition are open. To register or for more information, please visit http://iaice.com.au.
The 2018 Irrigation Australia International Conference and Exhibition will be held at the new International Convention Centre in Sydney, 13-15 June 2018.