A project to upgrade Gosford CBD’s water and sewer network has reached a significant milestone with Central Coast Council to begin key works in March 2022, including the replacement of a sewer pump station.
These works will take place at Showground Road, Adcock Avenue, Young Street, Racecourse Road and Central Coast Highway.
Funded by the New South Wales Government through the Housing Acceleration Fund (HAF) and part of a $42.5 million funding package, these critical new water and sewer infrastructure for Gosford will future-proof the city.
With forecast population growth, this project will enable the flagship development needed to create a fitting capital for the Central Coast.
The Gosford water and sewer project includes:
- 66 projects – 43 water projects and 23 sewer projects
- Sites stretching from the Gosford waterfront, through the Gosford CBD shopping precinct, to areas in the vicinity of Gosford Hospital and Gosford Golf Course
- Works include two new sewer pump stations, new connections to the President’s Hill reservoir zone and to the Gosford Hospital redevelopment, new lower pressure sewer systems to the Gosford Racecourse, and approximately 7.7km of water mains and 6.4km of sewer mains
Council Director Water and Sewer, Jamie Loader, said the next phase of transforming Gosford starts underground.
“Gosford is a rapidly changing city – we’ve seen a number of major developments completed and a great deal more are planned and forecast – it is vital that we have the water and sewer infrastructure in place to ensure Gosford’s potential is realised,” Mr Loader said.
“Through HAF funding, Council is delivering a series of major projects across the Gosford CBD to upgrade and future-proof our assets and ensure the city has a reliable water and sewer service now and well into the future.
“Some key works around Gosford Hospital were completed early to meet the demands of the newly upgraded facility, this included increasing pipeline diameters and constructing a ring main around the hospital to improve surety of supply.
“We are now moving forward with the remaining program of works that will be key to ensuring the revitalisation of Gosford is realised.”
Sewer projects to get underway from March include:
- Replacement of sewer rising main for pumping stations at Showground Road
- Replacement of sewer pump station at Showground Road and associated gravity mains, rising main and PSS works. These works will include construction activity at Adcock Avenue, Central Coast Highway, Young Street and Racecourse Road
- Replacement of sewer gravity mains in Mann Street and Masons Parade
New South Wales Department of Planning and Environment’s Director, Infrastructure Grants and Delivery, Hanna Shalbaf, said assisting the Council to provide both new and upgraded infrastructure was crucial in meeting the growing needs of local communities.
“We are pleased to support this major upgrade of crucial infrastructure in the Gosford CBD through the Housing Acceleration Fund and assist the Council in delivering a result that will greatly benefit the community and create new opportunities for housing,” Ms Shalbaf said.
Council Administrator, Rik Hart, said creating a vibrant capital city that the Coast can be proud of requires a robust and extensive water and sewer network.
“The transformation of Gosford is well underway and we are significantly upgrading and expanding key water and sewer assets to enable further key flagship developments that will help to create a thriving and diverse capital for the Central Coast,” Mr Hart said.
“Gosford is a city flanked by the spectacular Brisbane Water and picturesque mountains, and our objective is to help facilitate the type of development that makes the city a hub for work, entertainment and events, and for accessing world-class healthcare and education.”
Construction for the next projects in the program of works will start in March 2022 and the entire project is expected to be completed by the end of 2024.
Find out more about the Gosford CBD water and sewer projects, including current and upcoming works, by visiting yourvoiceourcoast.com/WSGosfordCBD