Wingecarribee Shire Council has issued a tender for variable speed drive (VSD) control of clearwater pumps at two locations, the Bundanoon creek water filtration plant located at Garbutts Road, Werai and the Wingecarribee Water Filtration Plant, Sheepwash Road, Bowral.
Each plant is to be upgraded by :
- Installing variable speed drives on the three existing Clearwater pumps
- Expanding the PLC control system.
- Updating Citect supervisory software to control the VSDs.
In carrying out the modifications, WSC has the following primary objectives:
- Meet all obligations with regard to safety.
- Meet all obligations with regard to environmental protection.
- Put the plant into operation within the designated time frame.
- Consistently provide high availability.
- Minimize capital cost.
- Have a highly reliable plant with minimal ongoing maintenance expenditure, downtime and a minimum plant life of 40 plus years.
The council is responsible for the treatment and supply of reticulated potable water within the serviced areas of the Shire. The water infrastructure is managed by the Water and Sewerage Branch of the WSC (W&S).
The tender has an estimated value range of $100,000 to $150,000 each.
A mandatory pre-tender site inspection and visiting of site will be held on Tuesday 12th March 2012 commencing 9.00 am -10.00 am at Wingecarribee Treatment Plant and then 11.00 am – 12.00 pm at Bundanoon Treatment Plant.
For more information contact Alan Butler on (02) 4872 5010 or [email protected]
The tender closes on 2 April, 2013 at 10:00am NSW time.