2020 has been an eventful year for Australians, with the pump industry facing a range of challenges from extreme weather events, the global pandemic that changed the way we live our lives, and the impact it’s had on our economy.
Those working in the industry saw company changes in leadership, and job cuts as a result, the call to be recognised as an essential service, and a conclusion on the tragic Dreamworld fatal accident case.
Here, we take a look back at the top five news stories of the year, as well the five most popular technical articles.
Top five news stories in 2020:
- Major acquisition for Australian pump manufacturer
- Government responds to industry call for essential service status
- Grundfos sales restructure cuts 600 jobs worldwide
- Dreamworld parent company pleads guilty to ‘avoidable’ fatal accident
- Victoria invests $48.4 million in water infrastructure
Top five technical articles in 2020:
- Understanding pump curves 4: variable speed – the answer to all your prayers?
- What is the purpose of minimum flow?
- Sizing a pump discharge pipe
- Understanding pump curves #3: centrifugal pumps in parallel
- Understanding pump curves #5 : Minimum flow – part one