Professionals working in the pump and associated equipment sector in Victoria that are classified as authorised workers or providers will need to have had at least one dose of a COVID vaccine by 15 October, following an announced from the State Government.
The same group of workers will need to have had both vaccine doses by 26 November.
An authorised provider is defined as a work premise that employs an authorised worker, for the purposes of authorised work.
There are a number of categories of authorised worker and providers listed by the government that may be relevant to those in the pump industry, including:
- Retail goods workers supporting the operation of click and collect or click and deliver orders
- Services to support ongoing provision and regulation of electricity, gas, water, sewage and waste and recycling services and their maintenance
- Critical repairs to any premises where required for emergency or safety
- Labour hire when servicing an authorised provider
- Essential infrastructure and essential services that are required to maintain or protect human health, safety and well-being (whether provided by a public or private undertaking), and including construction, maintenance and repair of such infrastructure
- Building and construction services
- Pool and spa maintenance service workers when servicing commercial pools and spa or those in residential apartment premises. Solo work only unless additional workers are required for safety reasons
- Organisations that provide urgent services necessary for the health and safety of any person, animal or premises. For example, the performance of emergency plumbing services, Centrelink services and food banks
- Production and distribution of animal food and care products
- Apprentices training with an Authorised Provider or Authorised Worker
- Primary industries only to the extent necessary to ensure animal rescue, adequate supply of food to, and care of, animals and maintenance of crops
- Production of building supplies for construction
- Farm, animal and bloodstock leasing activities, including farming activities and other operations relating to agriculture, horticulture, viticulture, irrigation, permaculture, apiculture, grains, fibre production, dairy, flower industry, commercial fishing, aquaculture and livestock; or intensive agricultural production including; greenhouses and animal production
- A factory or facility that is not able to be shut down without causing damage or loss to plant and equipment, but only those operations that are necessary in order to prevent that damage or loss
- Mining services including coal mining, oil and gas extraction, metal ore mining, non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying petroleum production
- Commercial operations that supply goods or service necessary to support any business activity that may be carried out in accordance with these directions or support the export of goods and services from Victoria
- All manufacturing
A full list of authorised workers and providers can be found at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/authorised-provider-and-authorised-worker-list, or if you’re unsure, contact the hotline on 1800 675 398.
To book a vaccine, contact your local GP or pharmacist, or visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/book-your-vaccine-appointment.