Gold Coast City Council (QLD) is currently seeking offers from suitably qualified contractors for the mechanical maintenance of air conditioning plants and equipment.
This contract is for the provision of preventative, corrective and reactive maintenance on mechanical air conditioning plant and equipment at various locations on the Gold Coast for a period of three years.
The following list identifies, in general, the work to be undertaken by the Contractor. The listed items are not intended to limit or exclude any items required for proper execution that would normally be included within similar works. The Contractor’s work shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Undertake routine scheduled and preventative maintenance service for nominated mechanical services air conditioning equipment and appurtenances in accordance with schedules, frequencies, programs, manufacturers’ recommendations and in accordance with Statutory Regulations and Australian Standards. Refer to SECTION 7: ATTACHMENTS, ATTACHMENT A: ASSET REGISTER and ATTACHMENT B: PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST, SECTION 3: TENDER SUBMISSION: SCHEDULE OF RATES. Ensure that all relevant documents and standards are utilised in the performance of the works including but not limited to: SAA HB40, AS4254, AS3873, AS3000, AS1668, AS1324 and AS3666.
- Provide servicing for reactive maintenance, fault identification and ensure that the equipment returns to operational service within the specified time limits as specified in this document or as requested by the Superintendent.
- Be available to provide and respond to reactive maintenance and service repairs on a 24 hour 7 days a week basis including public holidays with varying response times as stated in Clause 5.1.
- Check, clean or replace air filters as required and if the filter needs to be replaced notify the Superintendent
- Check and clean grease filters as required.
- Prepare and submit, within the specified time limits, certificates confirming that routine maintenance addressing the items detailed in SECTION 7: ATTACHMENTS, ATTACHMENT B: PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST has been carried out.
- Prepare and submit maintenance reports advising of any minor repair work carried out during routine servicing that is additional to the routine servicing scope detailed in SECTION 7: ATTACHMENTS, ATTACHMENT B: PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST. Provide recommendations and quotations to carry out major works, and any repairs where the need for such work has been identified during routine servicing. Do not carry out major works until authorised.
- Provide annual and monthly reports as per SECTION 6: SPECIFICATIONS, PART B, Clause 15: REPORTING REQUIREMENTS.
- Maintain fire protection features of all air conditioning systems in accordance with Statutory Regulations and AS1851.
- Provide a program of work for preventative maintenance for the entire period of the contract for approval within four weeks of the letter of acceptance. Update when requested by the Superintendent.
- Utilise the Principal’s Computer Based Building Management System (BMS) to identify and assess faults and trend data to achieve optimum plant and equipment performance.
Submissions close: 11:00AM Brisbane time, Wednesday the 18th of June 2014.
For further information or application details see the tender webpage.