The Sydney Opera House is currently seeking tenders from suitably qualified contractors for the final stage of a four stage project to upgrade the fire hydrant system.
The scope of the works includes:
- New pipework infrastructure to suit the high pressure pump outlet stage for all fire hydrants above Level +061;
- Installation of new FM Global High Hazard Fire Sprinkler Pumps to the new VAPS pumproom and fire sprinkler tanks.
- Deletion of the existing Electric Fire Sprinkler pump in the existing Pumproom.
- Replacement of both the Electric and Diesel Fire Hydrant Pumps within the existing Pumproom.
- Modification of incoming water supplies to both the Fire and Potable water systems to include Sydney Water required backflow prevention devices.
- Modification to the existing Fire Hydrant / Hose Reel System by way of installation of monitored isolation valves to the piping system;
- Monitoring of the monitored isolation valves;
- Booster modifications for both the Fire Hydrant & Fire Sprinkler System.
A mandatory pre-tender site inspection is scheduled for Tuesday the 28th of January 2014, 9:30am. Meeting at Stage Door, Sydney Opera House.
Submissions close: 2:00PM Sydney time, Thursday the 6th of February, 2014
For further information or application details see the tender webpage.