The International Standards Organisation (ISO) has requested feedback via Standards Australia on two “aged” pump standards i.e. a standard that is now over 10 years old.
To help facilitate the feedback process, Pump Industry Australia (PIA), as a member of Standards Australia’s Pump Committee ME-030, is seeking information from its members and other organisations regarding:
- ISO 14847:1999 Rotary positive displacement pumps — Technical requirements
- ISO 5198:1987 Centrifugal, mixed flow and axial pumps — Code for hydraulic performance tests — Precision grade
There are three questions relating to these standards that PIA are seeking feedback on from the pump industry:
- Is either or both of these standards used in Australia?
- Should either or both standards be retained?
- Should either or both standards be revised?
Anyone wishing to respond should email [email protected] attention Executive Officer – Standards before 13 November 2020.